Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Skirted Roundtable: On product pitches


This week at The Skirted Roundtable, we chatted about product pitches - the good, the bad and the totally awful! Small and large business alike try to get their products featured in magazines and blogs every day and they're just doing their job. But, marketing 101 usually teaches that pitches should be targeted closely to the outlet's editorial content. In other words, don't waste your time pitching detergent to a blogger who has never discussed cleaning products. And, if you're a small company whose products we might want to read about, make it easy for us - include a picture and a short but interesting pitch. Make my life easy!

Listen to more here.

And, if you have a chance, check out my current issue of ::Surroundings:: Guide to Decorative Living. The theme is color and I have links to some of our best Skirted Roundtable chats with some colorful guests!


And, very excited to announce that SRT partner Megan and I are traveling to High Point next week! We'll be meeting for the first time and doing some interviews along the way. Unfortunately, Joni couldn't make it this time and we'll miss her terribly!


If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks!

 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

No comments:

Post a Comment